Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, without limitation or qualification. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
This website is operated by: Shift Thought Limited
Registered office: 72 High Street, Portishead, Bristol BS 20 6EH, United Kingdom
© Copyright 2013 Shift Thought Limited. All rights reserved.
The copyright in all of the copyright works contained within these pages is owned by Shift Thought Limited. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of any of these pages is prohibited except to the extent permitted below.
These pages and the separate copyright works contained therein may be viewed on screen, downloaded onto a hard disk or printed for your personal use provided that you include this copyright notice on each copy and that you make no alterations to any of the pages and do not use any of the pages in any other work or publication in whatever medium stored. Copyright works contained in these pages may not be used, distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
Without prejudice to the limited copyright licence granted above and solely to the extent that all or parts of these pages constitute a "database" for the purposes of the Copyright and Rights in Databases Regulations 1997 ("the Regulations") reproduction of part or all of these pages is prohibited to the fullest extent permitted by the Regulations.
- Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are the property of Shift Thought Limited. All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners.
- Nothing on this site shall be construed as conferring any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of Shift Thought Limited or any third party. This site and the content provided in this site, including, but not limited to, whitepapers, blog content, graphic images, audio, video, html code, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without our prior written consent, except that you may download, display, and print one copy of the materials on any single computer solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you do not modify the material in any way and you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices.
- The information on this Site has been included in good faith for general informational purposes only. The Site may contain information submitted by a third party including adverts. The information should not be relied upon for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness.
- This site and its contents are provided "as is". We make no representation, and expressly disclaim all express and implied warranties of any kind, with respect to this site or any site or service accessible through this site. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In no event will we be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, or other damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data) without regard to the form of action and whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with this site, any content on or accessed through this site or any site service linked to, or any copying, displaying, or use thereof.
- We periodically add, change, improve, or update material on this site without notice. Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Shift Thought be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if Shift Thought has been advised of the possibility of such damages. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that Shift Thought is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. Shift Thought does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither Shift Thought nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify Shift Thought and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
- Nothing in this Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations.
- Any opinions (express or implied) are those of the individual authors and not necessarily those of Shift Thought Limited or its partner organisations.
- Except for any express warranties or undertakings given on the Site, we exclude all warranties (express or implied) in respect of the Site and the content of and your use of the Site.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss that you suffer (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities or projects, or loss of profits) howsoever arising, whether in contract, tort or otherwise from your use or inability to use this Site, or any of its contents, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using this Site provided that nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- We may provide links to other websites from time to time. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content of those websites, we are not responsible for the availability of them and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by your use or inability to use those websites.
- If you decide to access linked websites you do so at your own risk. If you purchase any goods or services from a third party or third party website to which we provide a link, your contract for the supply of those goods and services will be with that third party.
- Reference to any product or service on the Site does not constitute an offer to sell or supply that product or service and does not mean that the product or service is available in all countries or that the name and description of any product in your country will be the same as that included on the Site.
- We have taken every care in the preparation of the Site. However, as certain technical matters may be beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted or error-free access to the Site at all times.
- We make no warranty that the content of the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- We reserve the right at any time, without liability for doing so, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any of the content, functions or services we offer on the Site (or any part of them) with or without notice. This includes removing information transmitted by you to us.
Your Use of the Site
- You agree that the information you provide us with when you use the Site will be true and complete and that you will keep it true and complete.
- You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this site in violation of such laws. Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any information submitted by you through this site shall be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. You represent that you have the lawful right to submit such information and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so. Because of the open nature of the Internet, we recommend that you not submit information you consider confidential.
- We do not accept unauthorized idea submissions outside of established business relationships. Any ideas disclosed to us outside a pre-existing and documented confidential business relationship are not confidential and Shift Thought may therefore develop, use and freely disclose or publish similar ideas without compensating you or accounting to you. By submitting an idea or other detailed submission to us through this website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this stated policy.
- You agree not to use the services we provide via the Site to:
- Transmit any information or do anything that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affilation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the services
- Transmit any information that you do not have a right to transmit or which infringes another's rights;
- Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized promotion (including without limitation "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters" or "pyramid schemes");
- Transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the services or servers or networks connected to the services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the services; or collect or store personal data about other users.
Amendment to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to amend these Terms without notice to you from time to time. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revised terms have been posted on the Site.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, IP address, operating system, access times, what browser you are using and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Similarly to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products or services within our group of companies, subsidiaries, related companies and affiliates, which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Personalise your experience.
If you are a previous or existing customer, we may contact you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not collect any personal information from children under thirteen years of age and no child under thirteen should submit any personal information to any of the Sites. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to any of the Sites, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
You may stop these messages at any time by emailing contact@ShiftThought.com or opting-out using the opt-out tool at the bottom of the email communication.
Storing Your Personal Data
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area for processing and storing. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who works for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff maybe engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
We will not sell personal data to third parties. We generally only share personal data with our contracted service providers and advisors. However, there will be other times when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose, for example:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.